09 August 2009

Too tired for full post.

Addendum to title: 

OR: Another Casualty of My Linux Loyalty. 

Well, OpenOffice briefly disappointed me, but thanks to some wonderful people at Yahoo! Answers, I was able to work around it and publish my short story to its own page. I'll post a full entry later on the unbelievable headache I encountered when simply trying to copy and paste text from one file into another. 

Here's the link to the story: http://matsugawa.freeservers.com/mjaladyhorse.html. 

It's still got a few formatting issues, but like I said, I'm too tired to correct it right now. 

3 comments:

Vanessa Hahn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vanessa Hahn said...

I read Lady Horse and enjoyed it. The excerpts from the Royal Surveyor's Observations of Elfkind were very interesting. Dean Koontz provides quotes at the beginning of his books from The Book of Counted Sorrows, a book that does not exist. Both the excerpts and the quotes make me wish the referenced books existed for me to read.

I hope there are more Broken Continent stories. I'd like to know more about the lizards and perhaps more about how the Dark Lord and Llewllyn operate in this world.

Curiosity will be the end of me. :)

Crystanubis said...

I am working on a second one, still taking place in the archipelago and interspersing epistolary devices but focusing on the lore of the lizard empire and with no real links to Ladyhorse (in fact, I'm arbitrarily setting it 200 years after Ladyhorse). Actually, it's more like the sixth story. Before Ladyhorse, there were at least four Broken Continent stories, more than half focusing on the lizards. They're all unfinished and were very different than what I'm trying to present The Broken Continent as now (there was 'magic' and even the name Broken Continent was non-extant), so they'd need to be page-one re-writes if they were to be finished. I am resurrecting a few characters and concepts from those stories, among them Dark Lord.

Thanks very much for reading. I'll be more than happy in satisfying your curiosity as best I can ;).