27 July 2013

Rubeno Florajoj

I posted this to my aunt’s Facebook timeline. She can’t see it right now while she’s in the hospital (not to mention heavy sedation following the surgery for her stroke, which was while recovering from a previous surgery for removing a tumor), but she said she really liked my red and black ink pieces. I happen to like them, too. They’re a kind of comfort zone for me. 

Initially, there was green for the grass, and I tried a texturing technique involving marking up my fingertips and rolling them gently along the bottom to create leafy-looking streaks. It really didn’t turn out that well. These do look best when it’s only the red and black against stark white. There is a smaller trading-card sized version of this that does have green grass, and it looks okay there.

No comments: