31 July 2022

Blogger Boggles My Brain With Its Bungles & Blunders

 Well, I have absolutely no idea why the images in the last entry are no longer showing. You can see them if you click, hold, and open in another tab, but it's no go on the main event. I've scoured a few articles, most of which only apply if the images are externally hosted (which these are not), and attempted the ol' cache clearing and reboot. While my Mac is rebooting, I checked the site on my iPad and found the exact same problem. I'm now writing this entry from my iPad Haven't even bothered digging out my Bluetooth keyboard for it, that's how fed up I am. 

This is my overarching complaint about Blogger, that on the rare occasion something goes wrong, support is basically nonexistent. It's a rat's nest of forum posts from years ago that don't address my specific issue and actually getting someone somewhere to take a look under the bonnet is an utter pipe dream. 

The worst part is the images had issues when composing the entry in the first place. I had to paste them in again after having to take a break from writing for a day. This may well be a chronic issue (old entries don't have this issue) or I simply need to post the images through some other means. 

Can you see this image?

UPDATE: Problem solved via tedium. The image above was copy+pasted directly into the entry. The fix was to use the "add from Google photos" option (which is where the images were hosted in the first place). This did present a small problem as most of the images are from 2013, which meant a lot of scrolling. I ended up creating an album, which had its own headache of not showing the images since they were only recently uploaded. I had to go by file name. 

Maybe I should forgive WordPress.... 

No comments: